Anyway, I found the red rice very nice indeed and decided to buy a very small packet (I think the 1 kg packet) as any packet larger than that will be a magnet to weevils (gosh, how I detest these little bugs). I cooked them the first time following the directions on the packet 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. The rice turned out pretty hard. Luckily none of us who ate it had indigestion that night.
Yesterday, I cooked it again but this time, with 2 1/2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. It turned out much better. As I was in a hurry to rush of for my Monday night meetings, I had only enough time to fry it all up with whatever I can find in the fridge. This is the result.
2 cups red rice, cooked
3 shallots - chopped
1 large carrot - diced
1 cup of frozen corn
1 fresh red chilli - sliced
4 pieces of mushroom sausages - sliced
2 eggs, beaten and scrambled
1 tbsp of mini dried shrimps
- After the rice is cooked, dish it out and fluff it to be cooled whilst preparing the other ingredients
- Heat up the wok/pan and add a little oil.
- Once the oil is hot, put in the shallot and fry until aromatic.
- Add in the dried shrimps and then add in the sausages.
- Put in the chilli, carrots and corn.
- Add in a 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 sugar and some pepper
- Put in the rice into the wok and mix all the ingredients into the rice.
- Add soya sauce to taste.
- Finally add in the scrambled eggs and dish it out.