This is going to be a post which I did over two days. Yesterday, all I had time to do was post up the pictures. Did not have the time to put in the recipe. Furthermore, I was still trying to adjust the recipe, especially the base. I still had a lot of base left and that was the reason for the Mango Yogurt cake.
The ingredients below has already been adjusted. I will most likely be making one more cheesecake by the next 2 weeks. This is an Oreo cheesecake using Toblerone chocolate as the filling. This recipe was given to me by my friend Sue. It is going to be an extremely sweet cake, I am sure :). I'll do it when I have picked up all the ingredients.
1 tube of Oreo biscuits
60g of melted butter
200g of whipping cream
2 tbsp of gelatin
6 tbsp of water
120g of caster sugar
150ml of full cream milk
5 pieces of Oreo biscuits (coarsely chopped)
For the Base
- Crush the Oreo biscuits either with a blender or put them in a zip lock bag and crush them with your pestle.
- Leave the butter out in the open for ½ hr to soften it.
- Use your fingers to mix the crushed Oreo biscuits with the butter.
- Line the baking tin with aluminum foil as this will really ease the removal of the cake from the tin later.
- Place the biscuit mix into the pan and press down with a spatula to ensure uniform thickness.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to set the base.
For the filling
- The cream cheese should have been left in the open for about ½ hr or so to soften it.
- Place it in a mixer and mix until the cream cheese turns creamy.
- Slowly add in the whipping cream
- Put this aside whilst you prepare the next lot of ingredients
- Dissolve the gelatin in water. Set aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in the milk either using a microwave oven or in a double boiler. Leave aside to cool.
- Place the dissolved gelatin and sugar and milk into the bowl of cream cheese and whipping cream
- Mix well until they are all combined.
- Add in the 5 pieces of coarsely chopped Oreo biscuits
- Take out the chilled Oreo biscuit base from the fridge and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Put the cheesecake into the fridge to be chilled for at least 3 hours or overnight would be even better.
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator