This is my second attempt and this time, I followed Florence's recipe to the letter and the results were much better. The recipe has been reproduced below.
100g chocolate chips
200g top flour
25g milk powder
15g castor sugar
1) Sift the flour, cornflour and milk powder.
2) Cream the butter and Horlicks for 3 minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
3) Add the sifted flour and beat for about one minute to form a dough.
4) Divide dough into 10g each. Embed 3 chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into a ball.
5) Insert 2 pieces of Koko Krunch to form the ears and 1 chocolate chip as the nose.
6) Bake at 140 degC for about 25 minutes.
7) Cool before storing.
This is the 2nd attempt, which I did on Saturday morning. There were not enough cookies from the 1st attempt to give to my nephews and niece but I did share the photos with my brother, of which he commented "You sure they are dogs? They look like pandas lah.. cept for the ears". So, this time, I have some slit-ty eyed doggies. Which led to one of my nephew asking, "Why are some of the dogs eyes like that?". I told him " Those are chinese doggies lah... flat nose, beady eyes"..haha..Can't please everybody.