I have been wanting to make this for the longest time as they are really one of my favorites. I used to buy them from Coffeebean...and they look good and tastes great. But at times, when you are craving for them, the best way to get it is to bake them yourselves and you don't have to stop at one :).
I've posted this some time back in my other blog but I don't think I put down the recipe for it. Here it is :-
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons for baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
175g of butter (leave at room temperature to soften it)
2 large eggs
1 tsp of vanilla essence (or pure vanilla extract, if you have it, I don't)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of very ripe bananas (I used about 4 to 5 pisang emas)
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
15 to 20 pieces of whole walnuts for decoration
- Preheat oven at 180C and arrange paper cups in a muffin tray
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Combine in the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat the ingredients by hand or with an electric mixer until they well mixed.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and mashed bananas with a big spatula.
- Spoon in the batter into the pre-arranged muffin cups. If you want the muffins to have a "puffed" up look, fill the cup to almost 3/4 full.
- Place a whole walnut in the middle of each muffin.
Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins turn brown. Test it by pushing in a toothpick into the muffin. If the stick comes away clean, then the muffin is cooked.
Makes about 12 to 15 muffins.