Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Walnuts & Choc Chip Cupcakes



Wow, I just realized that it has almost been a month since my last post. What happened? I supposed that time just flew by without me realizing it. I did bake some, cook a few things but perhaps I just didn't have the time to post them up.

I decided to make this Walnut and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes after clearing my kitchen cabinet and finding that I still have heaps of walnuts and chocolate chips in there. It is going to be Chinese New Year soon and I do need the space in the kitchen cabinets for storing the new stuffs.

I tried this recipe which I picked up from a friend. The cake tasted quite ok but I had complaints from the few test bunnies. They complaint that I didn't put more walnuts into the cupcakes. Ok Ok..next time yeah.. have to put a note at the recipe :D

Ingredients

  • 115g unsalted butter
  • 115g Castor sugar
  • 115g self-raising flour
  • 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp of vanilla essence
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips (Van Houtens)
  • 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (have to increase that to 1 full cup)


Preparation
  1. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy
  2. Add in the eggs, one at a time
  3. Stir in the cocoa powder and flour (sieved beforehand) and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
  4. Gently stir in the vanilla essence
  5. Add in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips into the mixture (leave a bit for the top of the cupcakes)
  6. Scoop and fill the cupcake cases up to 2/3 full.
  7. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts and chocolate chips on top of the cake mixture
  8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20 minutes in the centre of the oven.
  9. Take out and cool in the cake tray for 5 minutes before removing them from tray.
  10. Continue cooling on the wire rack.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah it has been that loooong. Hehe

I'll try this when I'm craving for choc & cupcake.

Unknown said...

haha.. yeah lor..so long liow.. but hopefully i am getting my steam back for blogging :D

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that particular brand. The prices for the velcros were about 230 bucks everwhere. But completely I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that singular model. The prices seeking the boots were approximately 340 bucks on every page. But definitively I base this location selling them for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?