Wow, I just realized that it has almost been a month since my last post. What happened? I supposed that time just flew by without me realizing it. I did bake some, cook a few things but perhaps I just didn't have the time to post them up.
I decided to make this Walnut and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes after clearing my kitchen cabinet and finding that I still have heaps of walnuts and chocolate chips in there. It is going to be Chinese New Year soon and I do need the space in the kitchen cabinets for storing the new stuffs.
I tried this recipe which I picked up from a friend. The cake tasted quite ok but I had complaints from the few test bunnies. They complaint that I didn't put more walnuts into the cupcakes. Ok Ok..next time yeah.. have to put a note at the recipe :D
- 115g unsalted butter
- 115g Castor sugar
- 115g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (Van Houtens)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (have to increase that to 1 full cup)
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add in the eggs, one at a time
- Stir in the cocoa powder and flour (sieved beforehand) and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in the vanilla essence
- Add in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips into the mixture (leave a bit for the top of the cupcakes)
- Scoop and fill the cupcake cases up to 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle some chopped walnuts and chocolate chips on top of the cake mixture
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- Take out and cool in the cake tray for 5 minutes before removing them from tray.
- Continue cooling on the wire rack.