Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Banana Oatmeal Cookies - Food Exchange Program


Whilst I was clearing my fridge last night, I notice that my block of Philadelphia cheese has already molded...sigh.. I know I still have many things in the kitchen cabinet which are probably headed to the rubbish bin soon if I don't make something out of them soon. There were still bags of flour, oatmeal, breadcrumbs, coconut bits. And 2 bunches of bananas sitting on the dining table, waiting to go black very soon if I don't eat them. How.. how.. what to do??


I remember that I have come across a cookie using oatmeal and bananas. Yah.. saw the recipe in Baking Bites. Luckily I saved the page on my PC. Did a quick check on the recipe and found that I have every ingredient in the kitchen, yipppeeee !

This recipe is terribly simple and takes only very little time to make. And the results... I must say it was rather nice. These are soft cookies, which I know some people are partial to. Once they were cool enough, filled up some into 2 cookies bags for the food exchange program and enough left to almost fill up the cookie jar :)

This recipe is taken straight from Baking Bites and I followed to the letter. Didn't need to change anything. Must wait for comments from Sue and Babe as to whether the sugars quantity needs adjustments.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

2 tbsp butter, very soft

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup mashed banana (1 small/medium)

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups oats

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking sodaand salt.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars. Beat in egg and banana, followed by the vanilla extract. Gradually, on low speed or by hand, add in the flour mixture. Stir in the oats (either whole rolled oats or “quick cooking”) and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 11-14 minutes at 350F, until set and lightly browned.
Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.


Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

10 comments:

Babe_KL said...

loved your cookies. its very aromatic due to the banana and sweetness was just right for me ;-) *2 thumbs up*

Unknown said...

thanks babe.. but i really cannot wait to get those lovely beauties that i saw on your blog this morning... they looked absolutely mouth watering :)

JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

Wow..Lovely Cookies. =)
I haven't try before banana cookies -_-

erinalaw said...

this is definately yummy and healthy. Yum yum yum.......

erinalaw said...

this is definately yummy and healthy. Yum yum yum.......

Unknown said...

jeromefo : you must try to make these jerome.. it is very easy to make and if you like the aroma of bananas, this is just the cookie for you :)

erina: haha..yummy for sure erina but healthy oooo...all nice things are not that healthy.. and most healthy things don't taste that yummy..:(..true hor??

Sue said...

nancy jie...memang sedap lah this banana cookie, i like everything wif banana,so if u bake choc banana cake hor, i want bigger slice ya ....hahahaha *wink wink*

Anonymous said...

hello.great website!I NEED HELP WITH THE WIDGET ON YOUR WEBSITE!!!
3D LIVE STATS, I POST THE CODE INTO MY WEBSITE:WWW.PAGII.COM AND IT SHOWS UP BLANK.SAYS WIDGET NEEDS JAVASCRIPT?I NOTICED YOU HAVE ONE (3D LIVE STATS GLOBE)PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Unknown said...

hi annoymous. thank you for your comment. mmm.. i am not sure how exactly I did it as I just copied the widget and plonked it into blogspot as a html code.

anyone out there, can please help? sure appreciate it :)

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is something we cannot live without in this day and age, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets cheaper, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4[/url] DS S3)