I must say that I do prefer cream pasta sauce to tomato based pasta sauce. Maybe I had a bit too much of that during my University days. I can still remember the yucky beef balls in tomato sauce in a can that I used to purchase to be eaten with home cooked pasta.. yucks...how could I have eaten those almost every other week. Maybe because it was the cheapest thing on the supermarket shelves.
This is a relatively simple sauce which can be made in a jiffy. Whilst preparing the sauce, I had a boiling pot of water for my spaghetti. Before putting the spaghetti into the boiling water, add a bit of oil and salt into the water.
I bought large prawns from the hypermarket. I cannot remember how much they were selling but I got 10 of them for RM8.60. The rest of the ingredient were what I could rummage from the kitchen cabinet, including a can of large button mushrooms.
1 can of button mushrooms (fresh would have been much better)
2/3 cup flour
5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
4 c. chicken stock
2 c. light cream
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up some butter in the pan and put in some of the chopped garlic.
- When the garlic turned aromatic, put in the prawns and fry them until they turn orange in color.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the remaining butter and when hot, put in all the garlic and fry.
- Drain the button mushrooms from the tin and add into the hot pan.
- Saute the mushrooms for a minute
- Mix the flour and chicken stock before pouring it all into the hot pan.
- Lower the heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the cream, salt and pepper.
- Finally, put in all the prawns into the sauce.
- For garnishing, use parsley and the grated Parmesan cheese
I know that I will not have that much time in the kitchen to cook or bake from tonite until the end of the week. Nope, I am not going away. It is just that there will be quite a number of activities lined up right up to Sunday.
Tonight, I will be watching Beauty and Beast at the KL Convention Centre.
Tomorrow night, I will be at Sukhi Hotu, who will be hosting a Dhamma Talk and Concert by
Thursday night, I’ll be at DanSing Thro Broadway at the Pangung Bandaraya.
Saturday, phew.. a breather here… dinner at mum’s
Sunday… yippppppppeeeeeee…..gumpaste and sugarpaste class at Min’s.. soooo excited lah.Looks like the only rest I'd be getting is when I am working in the office...heehee